Honey Singh also known as Yo! Yo! Honey Singh is today’s youth icon. His new flavors of music carve him as the remarkable individual he is. He may appear as the new kid on the block conversely he has set the bar so high that within just a few years, he has become the highest paid musician in Bollywood, raking in 70 lakh (127,400 USD). Honey Singh is a Punjabi rapper, music producer, and actor. He was born on 15th march 1983 and began his career in the music industry in 2006. At the same point in time, he studied music at the prestigious School of Trinity (London). In 2006, Honey Singh, dropped his first single called “Glassy”. The song was so explosive that it went massive on airwaves; consequently, Honey won the highly prestigious ETC Punjabi award for ‘Best Sound Design’ that year.
“Angreji Beat” by Gippi Grewal and Yo! Yo! Honey Singh, which was released in 2011 in his International Villager album, was later used in Bollywood film, Cocktail in 2012. Being multi-talented and multi-tasking simultaneously, Honey Singh has stepped into acting, his first films being, Mirza – The Untold Story and Tu Mera 22 Main Tera 22. That is not all, there’s more than meets the eye with Honey Singh. The hype of “High Heels” featuring Jaz Dhami still hasn’t simmered and he’s on to the next big song! Honey Singh, Akshay Kumar, and Himesh Reshammiya joined forces together for “Lonely, Lonely”, a hot new song for Akshay Kumar’s new film, Khiladi 786.
Majority of Honey’s raps are stories taken from the lives of the ordinary man. He writes what common men would typically go through and relates those situations through his lyrics.
Honey Singh has become fashionably popular throughout the South Asian film industry, Bollywood. He was first noticed after his debut song in a Bollywood film featuring Gagan Sidhu for the film Shakal Pe Mat Ja.He is also producing music for Bollywood films. His invincible music has given him a strong platform in Bollywood.
Honey Singh released his first solo single “Satan” and it premiered on MTV India and due to huge popularity of this song MTV has decided to release Honey Singh's second solo single "Bring Me Back".
• Beyond 11 Million people are following Honey Singh across Facebook.com and Twitter.com
• Nearly 310 Million Combined views on His Youtube videos.
• Over and above 250000 Combined Youtube subscribers.
• People of 27 different languages are listening to His music.
• Highest paid singer in the South Asian film industry, Bollywood.
• Honey Singh's “Brown Rang” was acclaimed the most-watched YouTube Video of 2012 in India.
• The ETC award for the Best sound in 2006 for Glassi
• The PTC award for the Best Folk Pop Award 2009 for Rebirth
• PTC Punjabi Best Music Director 2010 for song Desi Daroo
• PTC Punjabi Best Music Director 2011 for album The Folkstar
• PTC Punjabi Best Music Director 2012 for album I.V.(International Villager)
• Brit Asia (UK) Best International Act 2012
• UK Asian Music Awards Best International Album 2012 for Album album I.V.(International Villager)
• PTC Punjabi Film Award- Best Music Director for “Mirza – The Untold Story”
• PTC Punjabi Film Award- Best Debut (Male) “Mirza – The Untold Story”
• PTC Punjabi Best Songs of the Year Award 2013 for “High Heels” and “This Party Getting Hot”
• Best Asian Singer of Middle East by World Top DJ’s association (WTD,UAE)
• MTV VMAI Awards- BEST INDI ARTIST(male) 2013 for Brown Rang.
• Power Brands Glam 2013 – Power Brand Award 2013
• MTV EMA Awards - Best India Act 2013 for "Bring me Back"